SWIFTRef is the new industry-wide utility for global payments reference data utility, delivered by SWIFT – the payments messaging expert. It’s a secure platform where data owners, including banks, central banks and code issuers, can manage and publish their reference data so users can find all the data sets they need in one place. As a result, this improves straight-through processing of payments, reduce costs and control operational risk in the financial industry.
In line with division objectives, you are required to coordinate with and assist under the instructions of a more senior data management specialist to manage all communication and administrative tasks for collecting and maintaining reference data from customers in Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, as well as supporting customers in these processes.
The SWIFTRef SSI team is responsible for calling, gathering and validating Standard Settlement Instructions (SSI) information on financial institutions across the world or through any other reliable sources. This data is then used for publication in the SWIFTRef directories.
The team will be focusing in Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa. Initially the focus of the data collection will be on financial institutions and at a later stage cooperates will follow.
We are a dynamic group looking to continuously improve the customer experience of our services by meeting and anticipating the client needs. Great team spirit, customer centricity and CI mindset are key elements you need, to fit in the team. In this context, we are looking for a dynamic candidate to reinforce our Customer Operations team!
- You will be tasked to input the reference data collected by senior specialists into database.
- You will be given the opportunity to learn about correspondent banking and how payment transfer works within SWIFT network.
- Learn how to do regular data maintenance to ensure high quality of reference data for the financial community.
- The opportunity to assist senior specialists in other area of works and hence, broader exposure to other core/non-core work-related activities
- Optionally, you will be given the opportunity to learn and get a hands-on experience by reaching out to external customers to collect and verify SSI data. Therefore, gathering experience in the field of customer service.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Having strong communication skills and strong customer orientation, able to establish and maintain warm and supportive interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers
- Able to communicate fluently in English, other languages will be an added advantage for you! (German, French, Russian or/and Italian)
- Good understanding on business / finance administration
- Ensuring that relevant information is delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- Frequent project work on data enhancements
- Dynamic, motivated, flexible, structured and well organized.
- Stress resistance and ability to work independently are required
- Self-driven wanting to make thing happen
- Team player who shares problems and solutions, pro-actively offers to help others
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in the related fields of study
- A moderate degree of familiarity with customer data collection processes is required or will need to be learned
- Incumbent must be able to express himself in fluent English both verbally and in writing
- Office Automation tools and experience in processes to enter/maintain data in databases are to be part of the daily working environment already.
- Stress resistance and ability to work independently are required, as are analytical skills
- Continuous improvement mindset is a must as is customer orientation
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Strong problem solving skills
- The candidate must be able to start in February/March onwards