What you'll be working on:
- Dissect complex business challenges into technical solutions and lead a team of multidisciplinary engineers in executing them.
- Design, develop and deploy services including search, ranking, matching, messaging, cache, maps, payments and analytics for high availability, low latency, rapid scalability and ease of experiment built on top of internal frameworks.
- Planning, maintaining, and implementing web development best practices and guidelines through out of all web/backend products.
- Maintain team SLAs and DevOps standards with quality deployment.
- Focus on optimization of backend application performance to deliver scalable, smooth, blazing-fast api responses.
- Code reviews, TDD and improve other related development practices with the team for seamless delivery.
- Write documentation for your code.
- Mentoring Junior developers to increase creativity, productivity and quality according to best coding practices.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation.
What we'd like to see in the candidate:
- Solid experience in building and maintaining applications implemented on Ruby, NodeJS, Python, Go,etc.
- Solid understanding in OOP and SOLID principle.
- Proficiency in algorithms and data structures.
- Thorough understanding of modern cloud architecture and solutions including areas of networking, compute, storage, security, autoscaling, containers, message queues and data.
- User and data-centric engineering with systematic problem solving skills
- Strong analytical, social and communication skills
- Experience in dealing with Git workflow.
Good to have:
- Solid experience in Ruby on Rails framework.
- Solid experience in Postgres Database.
- Experience with large-scale, distributed storage and database solutions (SQL or NoSQL - PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcached, ElasticSearch)
- Open source projects contribution.
- Continuous initiatives to study, prove new technologies, benchmarking, and optimization.
- Familiar with modern SDLC (Software development life cycle)