Event Coordinator Duties and
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and
- Understanding the complex needs of different events,
and diverse clients.
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining,
and guest list.
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to other staff
members where necessary.
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings while
taking clients on tours of venue possibilities.
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music,
performers, and guest speakers.
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while
planning event specifications.
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely
manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including
problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating
with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective
advertisements for each event.
- Anticipating and planning for possible different
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during
client liaisons and during events.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present
event ideas and plans to client and vendors.
Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Degree in event planning or marketing preferred.
- Previous event planning experience.
- Team management Experience.