We are the Front-End team and we combine the art of design with programming by implementing an engaging user interface for our online trading platform. We help to develop customer-centric products by providing the best user experience possible.
Founded in 1999, Binary.com is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our customers to trade over 100 instruments across world markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to be the world’s leading online trading service provider.
A career at Binary.com offers you the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
About the role
As a Front-End Developer at Binary.com, you will take care of our application development with a strong focus on improving the user experience. You will advocate for clients’ needs when implementing new products and features on our web applications.
- Be meticulous, organised, results-driven, and proactive.
- Communicate effectively with other team members to understand the big picture of the organisation and its goals.
- Collaborate regularly with researchers, designers, and developers on the implementation of new features and products.
- Provide technical leadership, leading by example throughout the development process.
- Develop and maintain advanced features, tools, and applications according to best practices in UI/UX, front-end development and hybrid mobile application development.
- Test and debug our ever-evolving product line to improve their speed, scalability, and usability across multiple browsers, devices, and web standards.
- Research and test new web technologies and make recommendations on opportunities to improve our user interface.
- Ensure the design and development of each product is consistent with our style guide, and that everything works as planned with each release.
- Experience with package managers (npm), task runners (Gulp, Webpack, Grunt), CSS processors (Sass, Stylus), and APIs (WebSocket)
- Extensive knowledge in advanced coding techniques and cross-platform development
- Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques
- Familiarity with testing and debugging processes, including unit testing and UI testing
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms
- Knowledge of information security and data protection
- Experience in responsive and mobile web design
- Good grasp of user experience and user interface design
- Familiarity in search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Knowledge of back-end technologies
Perks and benefits
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Flexi hours
- Travel and internet allowances