OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The General Accounting Analyst is responsible for delivery of the General Accounting activities for the client.
- Responsible for activities assigned by the General Accounting Lead
- Performs regular standard tasks but with the opportunity to vary work sequencing.
- Solves problems largely by precedent with referral to detailed instructions/procedures.
- Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job.
- Subject to general direction and guidance from supervisor / manager as appropriate.
- Interacts largely with own workgroup but may interact with users around first line queries/requests for information.
- Accurate, efficient and organized within daily responsibilities.
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team.
- Escalates production issues to his/her team leader as appropriate.
- Complies with all client published policies and procedures and any legal and regulatory requirements that the company is obliged to adhere to.
Performs tasks related to:
- Journal Entries
- Treasury / Cash Management
- Period Close
- Monthly Standard Activities
- Quality Assurance
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English. Proficiency in Mandarin and Bahasa Indonesia is an added advantage.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably with cost accounting and reporting background with knowledge on basic taxation
- Previous accounting experience/studies in particular GA
- Experience with accounting systems
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent.
- Fresh Graduates are also encouraged to apply