Plexus is proud to be known as a Product Realization Company, with more than 30 years of experience in turning customers' concepts into world-class products through our unique set of value-added Product Realization Solutions. Plexus currently supports a variety of market segments including Networking & Communications, Medical/Life Sciences, Industrial / Commercial, Defense / Security / Aerospace.
Penang Design Center
Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer. You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Healthcare, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
Education & Experience:
- Leading Hardware Team.
- Manages staff through effective resource planning across multiple design centers to ensure customer needs are met within effective project teams.
- Manages resources and costs effectively: Develops and adheres to operating plans and budgets for capital and direct expenditures while balancing the needs of the employee, the customer and Plexus.
- Provides effective career coaching and mentorship: Provides guidance, proactively identifies growth opportunities to advance the careers of employees within Plexus.
- Manages team performance: Sets appropriate goals and objectives, conducts effective and productive performance discussions and evaluations, provides constructive feedback and coaching.
- Recognizes individual accomplishments, engages team in pursuit of challenging goals.
- Expands and grows group capabilities through recruiting and retaining talent aligned to business need, establishing and achieving goals for capability growth, providing training opportunities, developing technical roadmaps, and improving product development processes.
- Actively supports compliance with and improvement of Plexus processes and the quality system through leadership of the continuous improvement and CAPA processes.
- Instills and reinforces the Plexus culture and fosters positive change, continuous improvement, positive relationships with global peers, and positive company morale.
- Identifies and develop leaders within the functional team to ensure healthy leadership succession.
- Ensures accurate and competitive project proposals, providing input on feasibility, cost, schedules, capabilities, resource availability, and contractual obligations for proposal development.
- Participates in marketing and sales activities including initial customer contact, presentations, and technical and business discussions to enhance the representation of the group’s and company’s capabilities.
- Collaborates with other design centers and business units to understand their expertise, tools, processes, and capabilities to ensure Plexus’ strengths are utilized.
- Provides project team leadership as assigned, ensuring effective quoting of project work, effective execution of customer deliverables, and project financial health.
- As a project leader, serve as the customer advocate to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated <25%)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required for this position.
- Experience of 8 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met.
- Industry experience of 5 years is required for this position, including 2 years of Project Management experience, and 2 years of experience in product development services or similar industry.
Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses an understanding and extensive experience in product (compliance, regulatory, verification reliability, etc.) requirements and techniques
- Possess an overall understanding of the product development and product realization processes
- Possess good management skills and knowledge of management principles
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Possess strong organizational, presentation, and leadership skills
- Possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills