Company & department description:
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. In 2014 SWIFT processed more than 5.6 billion FIN messages.
The candidate will join the Messaging Solutions team in KL.
As a Developer/System Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic software development team environment where your professional skills in Java, J2EE and C++ will be crucial to the delivery of mission critical financial software to the global financial industry following structured development approaches such a waterfall or agile methodologies.
Under the guidance of a local development manager and working in close collaboration with a US baseddevelopment team, you will assist with the analysis of requirements and the development activities of medium to high complexity related to software components of the Main Message flow products portfolio including central components and customer footprint applications. Given the mission critical nature of our business, strong emphasis is placed on quality, security, availability, resiliency, scalability, performance, and system resources consumption. It is expected that suitable candidates adhere to a structured development environment and will actively contribute to delivering software to the quality expectations of our customers
The output of the development team is a product that is delivered to the qualification team for acceptance before being made available to customers.
Your responsibilities under the guidance of a more senior team
member, will be to
- Design, develop, integrate third party components, test, install and support programs/systems
- Analyze technical and functional requirements and translate them into software solutions, understand dependencies toward other systems and teams
- Prepare installation and operating procedures
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by other team members
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Support the delivered software as part of the 'Center of Expertise' team
- Analyze support cases and, when appropriate, provide solutions following the established change management processes
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- to 3 years of experience within a development environment. The candidate should have had relevant exposure to the development of highly scalable, resilient and secure software.
Essential Technical skills:
- OO programming techniques, Design Patterns, Java techniques (garbage collection algorithms, multi-threading, load scalability)
- JDK, debuggers, profilers, JNI, Junit
- Web technologies: Web Services, SOAP, REST, Oracle GlassFish, Tomcat, Apache
- JVM performance tuning on various OS platforms: Windows, UNIX (Oracle Solaris, AIX, HPUX), Linux (RedHat)
- Other Technical skills (knowledge in the following domains is an asset but not mandatory)
- Software development environments and tools: Configuration Management (e.g. Clear Case), Integrated Development Environment (Eclipse), Change Management
- Performance tuning on various OS platforms: Windows, UNIX (Oracle Solaris, AIX, HPUX), Linux (Red Hat)
- Communication middleware: Tuxedo, IBM WebSphere MQ, Security technologies: PKI, AES, SSL, HSM
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Planning and organising
- Quality orientation
- Team orientation
- Open communication