Penang Design Center:
Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer.
You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
- Developing mechanical, product and system concepts at the system/part/component level that satisfy the customer's requirements.
- Architect and design mechanical solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of multiple alternative concepts and space studies.
- Experience in building proof of concept models and delivering prototype units to customers by selecting components, procuring or fabricating models and hands on assembly.
- Ability to engineer, implement and verify the mechanical design of parts, components, assemblies in 3D CADs.
- Present their work and interact with cross functional project teams on options to mechanical design concepts.
- Execute mechanical design verification test plans per requirements specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirements.
- Support the development and assembly of prototypes by providing documentation and assistance to ensure high quality prototypes are built in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage themselves to predefined project schedules and budgets.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in product development or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong knowledge plastic part design for injection molding.
- Current experience with Creo formerly known as Pro/E and/or SolidWorks is a must, experience doing complex surfacing a plus.
- Experience detailing parts using 3D CAD modeling tools and produces required 2D documentation and Bill of Materials in accordance with standard design practices such as ANSI.14, GD&T, and general tolerance guidelines.
- Experience in problem-finding and problem-solving mechanical design issues.
- Exposure in a variety of manufacturing processes such as blow molding, pressure and thermoforming, machining, casting, and/or sheet metal fabrication will be good.
- Energetic, curious about how things work, articulate and able to communicate their ideas.
- Drive to excel and learn new technologies, fabrication processes, analysis and testing approaches to problem solving
- Works well in a team environment. Works to schedule and budget constraints in efficient and conscientious manner
- Takes pride in their work and presentation materials
- Able to receive criticism on designs Good English in written and spoken.
- Occasional travel to support project needs as far as North America.
- Intermediate communication and writing skill in Japanese is preferred.